About This Topic
“There’s no mystery in business success. If you do each day’s task successfully and stay faithfully within these natural operations of commercial laws which I talk so much about and keep your head clear, you will come out all right.” – John D. Rockefeller
Image courtesy of Flickr user dansapples'
Step by Step Company Research
Researching a company? We recommend following these steps to get started, taking advantage of both websites and our premium library databases:
All library patrons are welcome to use the Bloomerg Terminal, and Darien residents, those who work in Town or Contributors to the Library at the $300 annual level may reserve it in advance.
1. Make a Reservation - Call the Reference Desk at 203-669-5236, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the chat box to your right! The Bloomberg Terminal may be booked for 1 hour at a time.
2. Log On - Use your library card number to access the terminal like any of our other computers. Then, click the Bloomgerg icon and enter the login information posted on the monitor.
3. Analyzing a Company - Simply type the company name or ticker symbol into the search field at the top and press the green <GO> key.
Then select from the options listed, or try these basic commands for company information:
- DES: Descriptive page including a snapshot of fundamental data and management info.
- BQ: Display price, trade, earnings, relative value data on a single screen.
- CN: Display all Company News
For more in-depth Bloomberg training, bring your headphones and take Bloomberg University,an online training course (Just hit BU<GO>)
Knowledge & Learning Services Librarian
Chat with a Librarian
Are you looking for information on a different topic? Let us know!